This tutorial shows you how to use Photoshop to crate frosted pixels. You can see the example below.
Please follow some simple and easy-to-follow instructions.
1. Open your image.
2. Go to Layer Pallet and select “Background” Layer. Press Ctrl + J (Win) or Cmd + J (Mac) to duplicate the layer.
3. This is the duplicated layer.
4. Change mode to Overlay.
5. Go to Filter> Pixelate> Mosaic
6. Set Cell Size. For this example, I set at 95 then press OK.
7. Your image will look like this.
8. Go to Layer Pallet select “Layer 1”. Press Ctrl + J (Win) or Cmd + J (Mac) to duplicate the layer.
9. You will get the “Layer 1 Copy”. Change mode to Multiply and adjust Opacity to 75 %.
10. Go to Filter> Stylize> Find Edges. This step will create edges of tiles. In order to see the tile edges clearly, you may need to repeat this filter few times.
11. After applying the filter few times, your image should look like this.
12. Go to Filter> Blur> Gaussian Blur
13. Adjust Radius and press OK. I adjust radius to 7 pixel.
This is final image after processing in Photoshop.
I wish you would enjoy reading this tutorial.